Welcome to Episode #67 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! You can also sign up to win future prizes and get show notifications by visiting http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: email@example.com
We’re Live on Patreon, Plus Our Final Season 3 Dukes Review: Episode 22, The Canterbury Crock
OK, two big things to share in this one. First, we’re now LIVE on Patreon! We have every desire to continue to do – and build – this show, and as we shared in the show….it hasn’t gone quite to plan. But, a number of you have awesomely offered (and even asked) to support the show directly, and Patreon is the best way that we know how to do it. So beginning today our Patreon account is live here: www.patreon.com/kfshow. You can choose from the three levels of support you’d like to do and we’ll be putting together something cool for those that choose to go this direct route! We’re building this airline as we fly it (or as we jump it). Maybe this is the point where things can go to that next level.
Here’s the second big thing; we just finished our review of the final episode of Season 3 of the Dukes. This episode is likely both the first and lat time that Julius Caeser will be referenced as a connection to the plot of the story (not a joke). Apparently a vase was commissioned by Cleopatra, it ended up in Hazzard County, and a fancy-pants art collector brings Sgt Tackleberry from the Police Academy movies to come get it. This somehow leads to Daisy giving Cooter flowers for his birthday, Rosco and Boss jumping the General Lee backwards down a cliff, and everything working out great in the end. And a widow gets her mortgage paid in there somewhere too. 10-corndogs all around.
Legit Episode Info:
Season 3 – Episode 22: “The Canterbury Crock”
Written by Bruce Howard
Directed by Dick Moder
Original Airdate: 4/10/1981
Last Episode of Season 3!
Corndog’s Insider Dukes of Hazzard Episode Specific Nerd Trivia:
The episode starts off with the same General Lee that we’ve seen over the last few episodes, which has the painted over rocker moldings.
– 18:20 – Rosco does the reverse pipe ramp jump. I believe that Henry Kengi is the one who did the reverse pipe ramp jump in the Rosco car.
– 28:20 – After Bo and Luke stop by widow Partridge’s house to read the diary… and they are getting in the General Lee… this is a good example of the brown spray dyed interior. You can clearly tell that it was dyed because you can see the passenger seat and upper door pad were peeling.
– 37:44 – When Rosco and Boss are chasing the bad guys, after they took the crock, you can clearly see a stunt dummy sitting in the passenger seat of the black/silver Pontiac.
– 44:38 – When the three cars started backing down the hill… remember, it was The General Lee, Rosco’s car, and the bad guy’s Pontiac. On the way up the hill, the police car was wearing the correct 83522 Rosco plate… on the way down it was wearing Cletus’ 83502 plate.
I give this episode an 8. The stunts were pretty cool and the storyline was good.
Welcome Back MeUndies!
MeUndies is back to sponsor this episode…and just in comfort ball cuddling time! To get your 20% off, Free Shipping AND their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and get the best and softest underwear you will ever own, go to MeUndies.com/kafs! Trust us. Get the ones with the crotch pouch. You won’t regret it.
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe. FAILED 2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General. FAILED.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out. FAILED
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
Kibbe has one!
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!