Welcome to Episode #61 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! You can also sign up to win future prizes and get show notifications by visiting http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome Back Bombfell!
This episode is thankfully, graciously, and mercifully once again sponsored by the super sweet, saavy, and thrifty people at Bombfell!
Bombfell is the online company that has an easier way for men to get better clothes. They give you your own stylist to help you pick the things you are (if we’re being honest) never going to know to pick for yourself. The clothes are super high quality brands, the shipping is free, there are no fees, and there’s not even a subscription. They only make money if you keep your clothes.
Long story short – if you want to look like a total G and have someone else help you with styling choices, avoid going to the store, and do all of the work, this is the way to go. You go on their website and input your basic sizes, what you like, and what you don’t. That’s it. if that’s to work there is even a way to have your wife or girlfriend do it on your behalf.
We both tried it, and as hard as it is to think we could ever look better…we did! Check it out and let us know what you think. Visit BOMBFELL.COM/KAFS to get started browsing with our $25 discount!
Welcome Zip Recruiter!
Guess what? We have a brand new sponsor in today’s show! Welcome ZipRecruiter!
Here’s the good news: right now the economy is moving like a freight train. Businesses are booming and more people are working than ever it seems. Here’s the bad news: if you’re trying to hire the best qualified people for your company or business….standing out in the crowd and sifting through a billion applications has never been a bigger hassle.
That’s where ZipRecruiter comes in – and listeners of our show can post jobs there for FREE using our special link: ZipRecruiter.com/KAFS
Here’s how it works:
● ZipRecruiter posts your job to over one hundred of the web’s leading job boards with just one click.
● Then, ZipRecruiter actively looks for the most qualified candidates and invite them to apply.
● They even review every application to identify the top candidates—so you never miss a Great Match.
● Unlike other hiring sites, ZipRecruiter doesn’t depend on the right candidates finding you; it finds them.
● 80% of employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site in just one day.
Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by businesses of ALL sizes and industries to find the most qualified job candidates with immediate results. And right now, our listeners can post jobs on ZipRecruiter for FREE, That’s right. FREE! Just go to ZipRecruiter.com/KAFS
p.s. If you’re SEEKING a new job…ZipRecruiter is FREE for that too!
The Corndog Episode Spectacular:
Rebuilding a Jumped, Cut Up, and Screen Used General
Finnegan had the flu for this episode and could not leave the toilet long enough to record a show. He gave it the ‘ol college try though. And then he returned to the ‘ol toilet.
As such, we brought in Corndog to pinch hit and discuss the restoration of his screen used (and jumped) General Lee as well as review this week’s Dukes of Hazzard episode.
He’s literally restoring what’s left of his car (basically the cab of the car) back to full Charger status, to it’s TV configuration, and he’s doing it with original parts that he collected from a dumpster. Several dumpsters. A plethora of dumpsters, you might say. (None of that was a joke). Listen and learn.
Also, we never made it to that Dukes review though because (basically) Corndog’s OCD love of all things screen used General Lee took over. I couldn’t stop it, nor did I try. That would be like asking a flower not to bloom or a bird not to sing, right? -Kibbe
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe. FAILED 2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General. FAILED.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out. NOV 2017: THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
Kibbe has one!
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!