BIG NEWS: We are giving away a Traxxas Slash R/C Truck!
Guess what? We’re giving away a TRAXXAS Slash 1/10th Scale RC Truck! Seriously! Our friends at TRAXXAS have generously supplied a brand new Slash truck to be given to one lucky listener. They even upgraded it to include a LiPo battery and included the extra EZ charger for that as well. Good peeps!
Entering the contest is free and easy. Just visit http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com for contest details and enter in your e-e-mail address to enter. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms your entry, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Thank you, TRAXXAS!
Welcome to Episode #25 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: email@example.com
Dukes of Hazzard S2 E14: The Runaway
K&F Show Summary:
The Dukes pick up a hitch-hiking and (#shocker#) attractive girl who is on the run from her super wealthy but evil rich-guy father. Why? Because he is forbidding her to marry a lowly farmer, because farmers are poor, and poor people are stupid. As you may have guessed, the only way to morally right this wrong is to get the girl dressed up in Daisy’s less-than-covering wardrobe, then do car chases all around Hazzard until something blows up. In the end, Daisy’s Road Runner bites the bullet and Alan Alda’s dad sees the light about humanity and gives Daisy a Jeep. Hijinks ensue.
Legit Show Info:
Season 2 – Episode 14 “The Runaway”
Written by Jim Rogers
Directed by Dick Moder
-This episode is the one that kills Daisy’s yellow Road Runner and brings in “Dixie” the Jeep.
-This is FANTASTIC caricature of the bad and evil rich guy, Mr Holmes. Rich people love each other more than poor people.
-Exploding water towers are cool.
-One of the henchmen…is bad guy Colonel Decker from the A-Team – Lance LeGault.
-C.J. Holmes is played by Robert Alda…father to Alan Alda, who was Hawkeye on MASH!
Corndog’s Super Insider Analysis:
A couple things I noticed in this episode… as I told you in a text earlier this week, Longstreet B. (L.B.) Davenport is played by Ernie Lively… who also played the role of Dobro Doolan in the very first episode, “One Armed Bandits”. For whatever reason, in this episode, he is credited as “Ernie W. Brown”… don’t know the story behind that. Also, another interesting bit of info on Ernie… in the first episode, Ernie’s son Jason Lively played the role of Rudy… who climbed into the back seat of the General Lee and was spitting on the back glass. Jason Lively later went on to play the role of Rusty Griswold in “National Lampoon’s European Vacation”.
So, back on this episode… in this group of episodes, you continue to see the same couple General Lees, that you will later see in the Carnival of Thrills episodes.
– 4:44 – When the muddy GL is parked in front of the Boar’s Nest, notice the car is a ’69 and that the vinyl top trim is still in place and is painted over.
– 13:31 – Myrtle Tillingham (played by Lindsay Bloom) tells the bad guys that the Dukes Farm is 18 miles outside of town on Mills Pine Road. It will be interesting to see if this information stays consistent throughout the rest of the series.
– 22:25 – The General Lee that drives onto and start to sink on the ferry is a ’68.
– 26:37 – When Bo, Luke, and Suzy run out of the courthouse to the General Lee, you will notice that this car has the wheel open moldings, vinyl top trim, and rocker moldings all painted orange.
– 28:37 – Daisy washing the Plymouth…. I know you watched it many times.
– 35:55 – 36:30 – Just before Daisy’s “Road Runner” (1971 Plymouth Satellite) goes up on two wheels, you will see a “Satellite” emblem on the dash, and when it does go up on two wheels, you will notice that the driver side rocker molding is missing and the car was originally blue.
– 37:23 – When the Road Runner crosses the creek, this is the Santa Clarita River at Indian Dunes… in the same area where the General Lee made the big famous jump over “Styxx River”.
– 38:17 – When the Road Runner goes over the cliff, this is the same are at Indian Dunes where the Jump took place.
– 48:00 – Daisy is given the Jeep by Suzy’s father as a replacement for the Road Runner…. even though the Jeep has already been seen in previous episodes.
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!