Welcome to Episode #10 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. For those of you that want the show on Android but don’t like Google Play….we’re working on it (specifically via Stitcher). For now if you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well. We’ve heard from many Android users that the Pocket Casts app is the way to go!
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Win a Jerry Rigg T-Shirt:
Send Us Your Hoodslide on Instagram!
Want to do something stupid, yet awesomely cool? Take a video of yourself doing a super-sweet hoodslide on the vehicle of your choice and tag it to us on Instagram (#kibbeandfinneganshow). We’ll put several of our favorites into our next YouTube show preview and send the winner a Jerry Rigg T-Shirt!
It may go without saying, but we assume no liability, risk, damage, responsibility, etc. for your video stunt. It’s on you, baby! Make it count!
Dukes of Hazzard S2 E1: Days of Shine & Roses
K&F Show Summary:
Boss Hogg and Uncle Jesse get into a tiff trying to decide who was the better moonshine driver back in the day. To resolve their feud they decide to have a moonshine running race against each other, to settle to skirmish once-and-for-all. As expected though, Boss Hogg wants to ensure he’ll win so he goes out of his way to cheat, lie, and sabotage Jesse’s car. It doesn’t work. Jesse wins and the Dukes prevail despite the odds, an angry neighbor-county Sheriff with a penchant for stabbing thins with a railroad spike chases them, the racers drink beer before racing, engines scream, and cowboy-boot wearing stunt guys jump onto moving cars with reckless abandon. Hijinks ensue.
Legit Show Info:
Season 2 – Episode 1
Title: Days of Shine and Roses
Directed By: Hollingsworth Morse
-The new closing credits are introduced! This will be the run for the remainder of the show
-The “green screen” rear screen projection is introduced! No more in-car live shots for the most part. 🙁
-Filming location: Disney Ranch?
-The “Mystery car door close” sound effect is in this episode at the 38:53 mark. Luke climbs through the window, but you hear the car door slam shut…..
Corndog’s Insider Super Geeky Yet Awesome Insights:
-When Cooter pops the hood on the black Mustang, notice that the car has the same Supercharged big block Chevy engine that was seen in the “wrecked Richard Petty tire commercial” car from the episode “Repo Men” (S1E4).
-Right after the race starts, Boss and Jesse race towards a covered bridge. This bridge has been used in so many tv shows and movies over the years. One that you may remember more recently is from Joe Dirt when Kid Rock crosses it in his Trans Am.
Awesome – And REALLY Long – Dukes Show Interviews from the 1980’s:
The DREAM Board Update: (Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200)
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.