Welcome to Episode #81 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! You can also sign up to win future prizes and get show notifications by visiting http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: email@example.com
Dukes Review – S2E4: “Repo Men”
This is it. Before there was the Kibbe and Finnegan show there was the “DukesCast” segment on The MuscleCar Place, and today’s K&F is an inclusion of the very last one! This is Episode 4 from Season 1 of the Dukes titled “Repo Men”, which originally was featured in The MuscleCar Place (Episode 282)! It is one of the most pivotal of Dukes episodes ever for two reasons: 1) It’s because Lee 1 (the General that makes the jump at the end of the opening credits of the show) was repurposed as the Richard Petty race car…that 20 years later would be found, restored, and sold to PGA stud Bubba Watson, and 2) this episode featured Jerry Rushing as “Ace Parker.”
Jerry was a real honest-to-God moonshiner, had a speedy Mopar as his runner, told all of his tales to Gy Waldron (the creator of the Dukes), and claims to be the real life inspiration for the best driving, most lady attracting, blondest character of them all: Bo Duke. Jerry also thought he was going to have a recurring role in the show…but this was his one and only appearance.
Hope you enjoy!
It’s Patreon or Bust!
As you’ve heard by now….we’re taking a little break from running traditional ads right now. That means that right now the only support for this show is coming from you! Consider this your no-guilt-yet-kinda-begging request to take a look at contribution to our show on Patreon. We have $1, $2, $5, and $10 monthly options available – or you can just do something of your own choosing too. In addition to our undying love, Patreon supports will receive an exclusive once-per-month Q&A show with us – no holds barred! Our next one comes out the final week of August 2018, but if you sign up now you can get all of the previous months shows too – no waiting required. You can jump in by visiting www.patreon.com/kfshow. Thank you, thank you
Just click the link or picture below to get started. Thanks!!
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe. FAILED 2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General. FAILED.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out. FAILED
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
Kibbe has one!
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!