Welcome to Episode #77 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! You can also sign up to win future prizes and get show notifications by visiting http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: email@example.com
Guess what? We have a new shirt…and it features an actual jumping car and everything! If you would like to support the show in a really tangible way (i.e. to buy something), please consider purchasing one. We chose the best American Apparel super-cuddly shirt as the base, and the design is a one-off by our own pal Kirk. Visit KFSHOWSHIRTS.COM to pick one up!
All of the Filming Locations of the Dukes
Finnegan is out filming this week so that means we have another show with our Dukes of Hazzard Nerdlandia Advisor, Dr. Chester J. Corndog, Esquire. In this epic OCD-fest discussion you’ll hear him run through all of the filming locations used in the run of the Dukes of Hazzard TV series. Remember, the town of Hazzard for the bulk of the run was on the Warner Bros backlot, but the country scenes, Boars Nest, Duke Farm, and pretty much everything else were filmed out on the worlds snakiest California-based-Georgia roads that Hollywood could offer.
As you’ll learn, the were multiple moves of the show throughout the series which explains why the show had a different look as things went on. Kibbe’s favorite i Lake Sherwood, but it wasn’t the first. Locations all in all included:
-Disney Ranch (also known as Golden Oak)
-Indian Dunes (for jumps and stunts)
It’s Patreon or Bust!
Our non ad run of shows continues unabated…and you guys continue to make it happen through our Patreon campaign! Each day we see more and more people jumping in, and from the bottom of our hearts (and wallets), thank you. If you’re not yet onboard, consider this your continued no-guilt-yet-kinda-begging request to take a look at contribution to our show on Patreon. We have $1, $2, $5, and $10 monthly options available – or you can just do something of your own choosing too. In addition to our undying love, Patreon supports will receive an exclusive once-per-month Q&A show with us – no holds barred! Our first one came out in May, and our June show is live now too. If you join in now you can get all the back shows as well.
Just click the link or picture below to get started. Thanks!!
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe. FAILED 2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General. FAILED.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out. FAILED
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
Kibbe has one!
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!