Welcome to Episode #71 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! You can also sign up to win future prizes and get show notifications by visiting http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: email@example.com
Dukes Review – S4E2: “Double Dukes”
For the love of all that’s holy, this may be the most perfect Dukes episode ever. When the premise of your episode is a set of fake Bo and Luke’s with a fake General Lee it truly cannot get any better without receiving an R-rating somehow. Here’s the gist of it all: Boss Hogg hires two dudes to literally portray Bo and Luke Duke. He has professional masks and wigs made so that these fakers will look just like the real McCoy, all so that they can publicly rob the bank and leave a trail of both shock and awed public eyewitnesses. He even gets his fake fakers a fake General Lee that will magically have to fight the real General Lee to the death. Here’s a clue fake General Lee: Real General Lee always wins! Paul Baxley directed this episode and it’s loaded with a terrible plot and spectacular stunts, just as God intended. 10 Corndogs all around!
Legit Episode Info:
Season 4 – Episode 2: “Double Dukes”
Written by Martin Roth
Directed by Paul Baxley
Original Airdate: 10/16/1981
Corndog’s Insider Dukes of Hazzard Episode Specific Nerd Trivia:
This was one of my favorite episodes just because it is full of stunts and great driving scenes. Plus, we actually get to see the General with it’s doors open… along with a “horrendous crash”… as Rosco would say.
– 4:33 – Luke crawls out from under the “Hero” closeup General Lee. The car made a couple appearances early in the episode
– 6:02 – When Bo and Luke climb out of the General Lee and are walking into the Boar’s Nest, you can see a couple of decals on “LEE” are peeling off the roof of the General.
-21:29 – When Turk and Moody are leaving the Hazzard Coffin Works in the General Lee, this is the first time we ever see a General Lee with the doors open.
– 36:56 – **Blooper** When Sheriff Little was waiting on the side of the road at the county line… you can see the “Chickasaw County Line” sign. From the camera angle, the General Lee was coming from Hazzard County and into Chickasaw County… so the should really should have read “Hazzard County Line”.
The General Lee jump over the Rosco car and Jeep was definitely one of my favorite. The rear camera angle was perfect, and the car had to fly at least 20ft up in the air.
A little bit of extra trivia… The building used for the Coffin Works was also the Old Cotton Mill on the 1997 Reunion movie… which was also used by the “bad guys”.
The last two pictures are “behind the scenes” pictures. The one where the General Lee is on the tow truck is the car at the end of the episode that gets sent to the crusher. The picture of the wrecked car parked on the side of the road is believed to be the car that was flipped over from the pipe ramp stunt.
I would rate this episode a 10 of 10. It has the perfect amount of stunts!
Welcome Back Harry’s!
Guess what? Thanks to you our favorite razor company of all time (and that we BOTH use and are customers of) is back! Better yet, their razors are well made, have 5 really elastic blades that work incredibly well and don’t clog easily, even have that little razor blade at the top for getting close to your nose and for your sideburns, the shave gel is fantastic, and they’re SIGNIFICANTLY more affordable than what you’re probably using now.
Want to give it a try, and support the show? Claim your FREE TRIAL OFFER from Harry’s today – $13 value for FREE when you sign up, just cover shipping! Your Free Trial Set includes:
– A weighted, ergonomic razor handle
– 5 precision-engineered blades with a lubricating strip and trimmer blade
– Rich lathering shave gel
– A travel blade cover
To get your Free Trial set go to http://Harrys.com/KAFS right now!
Welcome Zip Recruiter!
Guess what? Corndog is back in this episode…and so is Zip Recruiter!
Here’s the good news: right now the economy is moving like a freight train. Businesses are booming and more people are working than ever it seems. Here’s the bad news: if you’re trying to hire the best qualified people for your company or business….standing out in the crowd and sifting through a billion applications has never been a bigger hassle.
That’s where ZipRecruiter comes in – and listeners of our show can post jobs there for FREE using our special link: ZipRecruiter.com/KAFS
Here’s how it works:
● ZipRecruiter posts your job to over one hundred of the web’s leading job boards with just one click.
● Then, ZipRecruiter actively looks for the most qualified candidates and invite them to apply.
● They even review every application to identify the top candidates—so you never miss a Great Match.
● Unlike other hiring sites, ZipRecruiter doesn’t depend on the right candidates finding you; it finds them.
● 80% of employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site in just one day.
Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by businesses of ALL sizes and industries to find the most qualified job candidates with immediate results. And right now, our listeners can post jobs on ZipRecruiter for FREE, That’s right. FREE! Just go to ZipRecruiter.com/KAFS
p.s. If you’re SEEKING a new job…ZipRecruiter is FREE for that too!
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe. FAILED 2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General. FAILED.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out. FAILED
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
Kibbe has one!
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!