Welcome to Episode #40 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! You can also sign up to win future prizes and get show notifications by visiting http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guess what? We have a new shirt…and it features an actual jumping car and everything! If you would like to support the show in a really tangible way (i.e. to buy something), please consider purchasing one. We chose the best American Apparel super-cuddly shirt as the base, and the design is a one-off by our own pal Kirk. Visit KFSHOWSHIRTS.COM to pick one up!
K&F Show Summary:
We took a quick break from the Dukes to do a movie review, this time choosing “The Replacements” – the awesome 2000 movie starring Gene Hackman, Keanu Reeves, Jon Favreau, and a number of other greats – including Roy from “The Office” (I forget his name – the guy that was Pam’s boyfriend before Jim Halpert). This movie is the story we all want; a chance to live up to the potential of something that we loved from our youth and maybe came close to achieving, but for whatever reason failed at, or it fizzled out, or it just ended for reasons we couldn’t control. Keanu is honestly pretty good as a south-paw quarterback and it’s a great movie full of inspirational one-liners you’ll love to quote. Here’s one for you: “Pain heals, Chicks Dig Scars, and Glory Lasts Forever.” K&F Show Rating: 8 Corndogs
Legit Movie Info:
Release Date: 11 August 2000
Filming Locations: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Budget: $50,000,000 (estimated)
Box Office Opening Weekend: $11,039,214 (USA) (11 August 2000)
Box Office Gross: $44,737,059 (USA) (17 November 2000)
-Based on the 1987 NFL Players Strike
-I don’t think I’ve ever seen this film in it’s full version, but always on TV! Didn’t know it had swearing.
-Shane played in the 96 Super Bowl for Ohio State – meaning this movie is 4 years after that. But Keanu was in his mid 30’s by this point. Still looks good!
-Keanu was also a former Ohio State QB for Point Break!
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!