As we announced in this episode, we need your help! We need some general info to give to potential advertisers. We know – it’s a pain…but it would seriously help us out. Click here to fill it out (please only do it once):
TRAXXAS winner announced…and we actually have an e-mail list now!
Special congrats go to KF Show Listener Ian Hart on winning the TRAXXAS giveaway truck! Per Ian he listens to every show, and spent all day ripping donuts and flying around. Ian said, “The LIPO is SO FREAKING FAST!!! I definitely had to knock it down to 50% for the kids to even have a chance driving it… WOW!” Congrats, dude! If you didn’t win, TRAXXAS has a great deal going right now. Just click the picture above and you’re good to go!
Also, as a result of this contest we have finally set up an e-mail list so that we can e-mail out info when shows are ready to go. We also send out funny stuff and take polls for the show too, and I’m sure we’ll give away something in the future again too. Just visit http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Welcome to Episode #29 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dukes of Hazzard S2 E18: Find Loretta Lynn
K&F Show Summary:
Imagine this: Boss Hogg discovers that Loretta Lynn, the “First lady of country music,” will be passing through the state of Georgia en route to…somewhere that probably doesn’t matter. He uses the opportunity to force her to come to Hazzard where he can profit from her presence by selling wigs that make people look like her. It’s a stretch, I know. Coincidentally, a trio of folk singers that were wronged by a Nashville recording company choose to kidnap Loretta, hold her for ransom, and then collect their lost music money back from the Nashville dream-stealers. At some point the Dukes get blamed and in righting the wrongs end up flipping the General on it’s lid for some reason. Not to worry, the General is fine in the next scene. Hijinks ensue.
Legit Show Info:
Season 2 – Episode 18 “Fine Loretta Lynn”
Written by Jim Rogers
Directed by Arthur Marks
-Daisy’s yellow Plymouth Road Runner is back – despite the fact that it exploded a few episodes ago.
-Loretta Lynn just had a stroke! She’s the first lady of country music too. I believe she was the first major singer to come onto the show as an actor.
-Bad guy Dennis Burkley will be back in Season 7 of the Dukes – to play another bad guy – who kidnaps the Alien in the episode Strange Visitor to Hazzard, which I have to assume is the episode that signaled to the networks that Dukes of Hazzard needed to end, despite having a wheel standing General Lee in the wings for season 8.
-Bad guy Henry Gibson is in this – and he’ll have another big screen performance in 1980 – as the leader of the Illinois Nazi’s in The Blues Brothers. I was surprised to see him in this – he was a big deal actor at that time. Had a huge run on Laugh In. I’ll always think of him dropping out of the sky in that Pinto wagon.
Corndog’s Super Insider Analysis:
I always thought this was a pretty good episode. The were no General jumps in the episode, but this is the first time we get to see a General Lee get completely trashed when it flips over. There were quite a few really good closeup shots of General, which I always like to see. As I’m sure you already noticed, this was another episode that was filmed much earlier, and Daisy’s Plymouth was still being used. If I had to guess, parts of this episode was actually filmed much earlier… because in on one scene, the exterior of the Duke Farm was back on the sound stage from earlier in Season 2. Another thing that I noticed… with the exception of ‘stock footage’ of the Sheriff Dept. and sound stages, this entire episode was filmed at Disney’s Golden Oak Ranch.
Here are a few things I picked out of the episode:
– 2:10 – In the opening scene, where Bo, Luke, and Daisy were riding to the Boar’s Nest… and the car is on a sound stage… it was kind of distracting because Bo would turn the wheel one direction, and the fake footage that was being projected on the screen behind the car would steer the other direction. It continued to go back and forth every time. Also, you will notice that this car has the two extra speakers on either side of the dash. This means that car has the factory 8-track radio option.
– 8:52 – After Loretta’s RV pulls into the Boar’s Nest, and she is greeted by everyone… I could barely make out the dealer emblem on the side of the RV. It looked like “Otter Allwin”, but I was definitely able to make out “Van Nuys, CA”.
– 12:18 – When the lady is letting the air out of the tires of the General Lee, if you look careful, you can see that this is a Summit tire. I know that they ran Summit tires on all of the Generals in the GA episodes. Even though is episode was filmed much earlier… I do not think this was a left over GA car. The wheels and tires may be left over from GA though.
– 14:23 – When Bo and Luke leave the Boar’s Nest and get in the Plymouth, the camera angle is high and you can see how worn the General Lee’s interior was. It looks as though the interior was originally black or blue.
– 18:09 – The “Hazzard Stockyard”… where the RV was hidden in the barn…. this actually right next to the Boar’s Nest. The barn and horse stalls are still there today. The barn can also be seen in the background at the start of the race in the episode “Luke’s Love Story.”
– 18:30 – Here you can see the exterior of the Dukes Farm was on the sound stage. Also, the under hood color of the General Lee was blue. This is the same car that is seen with the hood up earlier this season.
– 22:08 – When ‘Squirt’ pulls up to the gas station and makes a phone call to Rosco, you will see a 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 2dr in the background with the hood up. If you’re not paying attention, it almost looks like another Charger parked.
– 24:31 – This is when the General Lee runs off the road and flips over. You really can not tell much detail other than it was an original big block car with dual exhaust and a 727 auto trans.
– 30:18 – When Bubba is chasing Loretta’s assistant, Leona… they cross the infamous covered bridge. You know, maybe that’s why these episodes jumped around so much… they started using the same bridge in ever since episode… they thought that there should be a break from the bridge ever once in a while. Probably not, but it sounded good.
– 43:07 – When Bo climbs out of the General Lee and onto the hood, you can clearly tell this is Al Wyatt Jr. doing the stunt.
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!