Welcome to Episode #17 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. For those of you that want the show on Android but don’t like Google Play….we’re working on it (specifically via Stitcher). For now if you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well. We’ve heard from many Android users that the Pocket Casts app is the way to go!
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: email@example.com
Win an FSM Shirt:
Send Us Your Hoodslide on Instagram!
Want to do something stupid, yet awesomely cool? Take a video of yourself doing a super-sweet hoodslide on the vehicle of your choice and tag it to us on Instagram (#kibbeandfinneganshow). We’ll put several of our favorites into our next YouTube show preview and send the winner an FSM Garage T-Shirt!
It may go without saying, but we assume no liability, risk, damage, responsibility, etc. for your video stunt. It’s on you, baby! Make it count!
Dukes of Hazzard S2 E6: The Ghost of General Lee
K&F Show Summary:
Bo and Luke – for some reason – decide to get naked and go swimming in a pond together, leaving their clothing and keys in the General Lee. Shockingly enough, bad guys steal it. Rosco and Enos chase them (thinking they are the Dukes) but the General ends up jumping into a lake, and Rosco and Enos are convinced (and mortified) that they are dead. The entire town weeps (and it’s a serious tear jerker – this episode may have the best acting ever done in the history of The Dukes of Hazzard). Boss decides to cash in on their death and claim they stole things from him. The boys (not being dead) retaliate by ,making Rosco think that both they – and the General Lee – have come back from the dead to haunt him. Hijinks ensue.
Legit Show Info:
Season 3 – Episode 6 “The Ghost of General Lee”
Written by Martin Roth
Directed by Jack Starrett
Corndog’s Super Insider Analysis:
-Attached is a photo of the car that the Veluzet crew build for the scene at the sheriff dept. The crew just built a typical General Lee with the exception of the body color being white. I’m not sure if they just used special florescent lights during the scene or if the “glow” was added in during editing.
– Most all of the filming took place at Golden Oaks Ranch in Newhall, CA (aka: Disney Ranch). Of course, the town square was on the WB backlot in Burbank. The scene where they jump the General Lee into the pond was filmed at Lake Sherwood. This location is now full of residential housing and looks nothing like it did back then. Golden Oaks is still used today for many TV and Movie purposes.
– at 37:48 when Bo and Luke are sitting in the General, and just got away from Rosco and Boss, you can see this poor quality of this GL conversion. The tan paint barely covers the dash panel and was oversprayed all over the windshield. The car was missing windshield wiper arms and the pivots were sprayed orange as well.
– at 43:38 when they show an in-car view of Rosco getting ready to do a u-turn in the road, Gary Baxley was the stunt driver. He was on the Dukes for pretty much the entire run of the series. There are many stuntmen in the Baxley family, and they continue to work in the stunts today. During the series, Gary and Catherine Bach were a couple… lucky guy.
-We started this show out with a tribute to Carrie Fischer. RIP!
-Best acting in a Dukes of Hazzard show….ever!
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!