Welcome to Episode #16 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. For those of you that want the show on Android but don’t like Google Play….we’re working on it (specifically via Stitcher). For now if you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well. We’ve heard from many Android users that the Pocket Casts app is the way to go!
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: email@example.com
Win an FSM Shirt:
Send Us Your Hoodslide on Instagram!
Want to do something stupid, yet awesomely cool? Take a video of yourself doing a super-sweet hoodslide on the vehicle of your choice and tag it to us on Instagram (#kibbeandfinneganshow). We’ll put several of our favorites into our next YouTube show preview and send the winner an FSM Garage T-Shirt!
It may go without saying, but we assume no liability, risk, damage, responsibility, etc. for your video stunt. It’s on you, baby! Make it count!
Dukes of Hazzard S2 E5: Road Pirates
K&F Show Summary:
Hazzard County is plagued by a rash of semi-truck hijackings. To do their civic duty the Dukes modify Cletus’ patrol car with a shot of nitrous oxide in order to give him a speed advantage on the crooks. At some point Boss Hogg gets involved to profit from the thefts, only to be (shockingly) double crossed by the bad guys. Even zanier is that he believes that Cletus – working with the Dukes – were the ones to steal from him. Cletus is called stupid by everyone (even Waylon Jennings). Daisy poses on top of – and underneath – her car for passing by truck drivers. The General Lee jumps. Hijinks ensue.
Legit Show Info:
Written by William Raynor and Myles Wilder
Directed by Rod Amateau (or William Asher – I’ve seen both referenced)
Corndog’s Super Insider Analysis:
-This episode is one of the few where the Duke Farm is actually set up on a sound stage. I’m not sure what the reason was for this. The only thing I can honestly think of is that the episodes were filmed out of order, and this was actually one of the earlier CA episodes. If that was the case, they could have possibly been building the new Duke Farm at Disney Ranch during the time of filming this episode.
-Another thing to point out, that makes you believe it could have been filmed earlier… you see another AMC police car again…. and the limited use of the General Lee. Actually, it seems they used Daisy’s Plymouth more often.
– At 23:46, when Bo and Luke stop by the shipping company, you might notice that they are wearing the same suits they they wore in the GA episode “High Octane”.
– Around the 33-min mark, when Bo jumps from the back of the semi onto the hood of the General Lee, Al Wyatt Jr. is the one who did the stunt. I have attached a behind the scenes picture from when they preparing to film John Schneider do his part of that scene. This photo was taken by Cindy Wills who was Daisy’s stunt-double (picture above).
-Starts out with a GL Jump and a Police car jump!
-Luke rides motocross. So to the bad guys. All 80’s TV shows had this segment at some point. An episode of the Simpsons has it with “Night Boat” – the crime fighting Night Rider boat.
-At the end they put all of the bad guys into Daisy’s car…where I assume the bad guys would kill them and take over the car.
-This is the show of Cletus…he’s central to every single major plot point! He also takes a mental beating and is called “Stupid” by just about everyone. Even Waylon.
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!