Happy Thanksgiving and welcome to Episode #13 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. For those of you that want the show on Android but don’t like Google Play….we’re working on it (specifically via Stitcher). For now if you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well. We’ve heard from many Android users that the Pocket Casts app is the way to go!
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Win an FSM Shirt:
Send Us Your Hoodslide on Instagram!
Want to do something stupid, yet awesomely cool? Take a video of yourself doing a super-sweet hoodslide on the vehicle of your choice and tag it to us on Instagram (#kibbeandfinneganshow). We’ll put several of our favorites into our next YouTube show preview and send the winner an FSM Garage T-Shirt!
It may go without saying, but we assume no liability, risk, damage, responsibility, etc. for your video stunt. It’s on you, baby! Make it count!
Dukes of Hazzard S2 E3: The Rustlers
K&F Show Summary:
The Dukes help some super poor neighbors get their super-secret and uber fast horse entered into a race. If they win the race the massive amount of proceeds will solve all of their worldly problems (crushing mortgage stress, morning breath, etc.). The catch? The race has been commissioned by Boss Hogg who will for numerous reasons attempt to screw everyone out of happiness so that he may pad his own pockets. Even zanier is when out-ot-town horse thieves get into the mix too. The General races a horse (General wins). Boss mocks his wife’s weight. Hijinks ensue.
Legit Show Info:
Season 2 – Episode 3
Title: The Rustlers
Written By: Stephen Kandel
Directed By: Richard Moder
-The Young Lady (Sarah Toliver) in this info would go on to become Dorothy Best (Rosco’s real-life wife)! They remained married until James’ death.
-Burl Toliver was the guest star and was in real life a famous country singer with a speech stutter; Mel Tillis.
-GL was originally green (trunk lid green). Could this be the famous 1 of 2 restored General Lees that were found after the show was over? Corndog says no, and he’s always right, but this blog post on LOSTGENERALLEE.com tells leaves the door open to the mystery.
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.