Listen on your Smart Phone!
Subscribe in iTunes!
Listen on your Smart Phone in Stitcher!
1) Shane Weckerly from Holley believes that the LS engine is the new small block Chevy, and that the small block Chevy is going the way of the flathead. John Ryan gives his take on it.
2) The COPO is in production! Check out a bazillion pictures on Chevy’s new social media website theblock.com!
1) Rob is headed to the Optima Faceoff at Road America – June 22-24 (Same weekend as the NASCAR Nationwide Race at Road America!)
We were luck enough to snag some time with Formula Drift Driver Conrad Grunewald for this episode of the podcast show, and Conrad didn’t disappoint! He drives the Hankook sponsored Camaro, and it started out as a BIW (Body in White) car that’s been set up to drift. It’s powered by a relatively stock LS7 that Conrad has no trouble running for an entire season.
Like a lot of us, Conrad got his start in motorsports in the drag racing world, and when he turned pro he moved into road racing, then into Formula Drift. During the interview we talked about everything from how long his tires last, to the specs on his motor, to the fact that racing is a 16-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week job. Conrad also discussed how others could get involved in the drift world as well…..but move quickly, because the field is getting crowded!
Thanks for the interview, Conrad!
-Rob Kibbe, John Ryan, & Tony Whatley
Feel free to e-mail in your questions, and we’ll do our best to answer it. We’ll also be covering a lot of the topics thrown out in the forums in each show, and the next one already looks jam packed. You can contact us with questions for the show as follows:
John Ryan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tony Whatley: email@example.com
Rob Kibbe: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Rob, John, and Tony
WIN $750 FROM CPG!
CONGRATS to OUR JUNE 15 WINNER, VERN SWANSON! Vern plans to use his prize money to buy a Mother Thumper cam from COMP for his LS1 powered Impala!
The Prize Segment sponsored by the COMP Performance Group is back, and it’s back BIG! Entrants can enter to win a HUGE $750 gift certificate that will be awarded quarterly, and there are two ways to enter:
- Go to www.themusclecarplace.com/contest and fill out the details there to enter the contest. Be sure to use the links in the contest to share it on Facebook, Twitter, and your own websites. For everyone that joins the contest because of your referral, YOU GET MORE ENTRIES!
- Answer the bonus question given out in this podcast show. E-mail your answer to email@example.com for an additional 20 points!
The next winner will be chosen on September 15, 2012!